Senior ServiceNow Software Engineer
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
This Software Engineer position will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences on the ServiceNow platform and beyond. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S. Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
- Develop custom workflows utilizing modern web technologies
- Configure out of the box workflows and create/maintain custom workflows
- Create integrations utilizing Integration Hub where possible
- Actively participant in regular scrum and requirement grooming sessions
- Rapidly prototype new solutions
- Participant and represent respective sprint team at Technical Governance
- Peer review team’s code
- Participant and demo on Circle of Excellence
- Resolve healthscan findings within SLA
- Support respective APIs and keep documentation up to date
- Train new developers within your team
- Research new innovative capabilities
- Actively participate in senior monthly developer meeting
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to six years of relevant experience
- 3+ years ServiceNow IRM Product experience
- ServiceNow Fundamentals Certificate
- Ability to gather requirements from business partners
- Assist in establishing coding standards to help with consistency, lead design and code review
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems through SOAP or REST web services
- 5+ years ServiceNow development
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundations Certification
- Ability/desire to mentor developers
- ServiceNow Portal design and development
- Experience with Flow Designer and Integration Hub
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $112,880.00 - $132,800.00 - $146,080.00