Risk Reporting & Metrics Analytics Manager
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
The Payment Services Reporting & Metrics Analytics Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with key stakeholders throughout the business line, Second Line of Defense and Payments Chief Risk Office.
- Prepare and present clear, concise key indicators and data analysis that aid executive leaders’ understanding of key risks within their programs, help determine risk management strategies and help monitor the health of the payments’ businesses in a dynamic and evolving risk environment
- Gather and integrate Key Indicator and Risk Appetite Statement data on monthly and quarterly cadences. Perform analysis, interpret results, and develop actionable insights and recommendations for senior leadership
- Develop reporting, complete data entry, and conduct analysis for various risk management projects
- Participate in other enterprise projects to ensure Payments’ compliance with applicable business and regulatory requirements
- Support creation of executive risk committee and related Board and Committee meeting materials
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Typically, more than 6 years of applicable experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to work independently and with a team with the ability to make key escalation decisions
- Ability to collaborate across the Payments Business Line and with Second Line Stakeholders in the Risk Management framework
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional and effective presentation and writing skills with the ability to present and communicate with Senior Leadership
- Must have strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy, with ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work with minimal supervision/guidance both individually and as part of a team
- Must possess exceptional critical thinking and independent judgement and decision-making skills with limited direct supervision
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience creating and managing SharePoint sites
- Strong working knowledge of operational risk management and applicable regulatory requirements
- Experience with Tableau and PowerBI is preferred
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $99,365.00 - $116,900.00 - $128,590.00