RCA Manager- CBBO Default Group
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
This role partners with leaders in their assigned Line of Business, Risk/Compliance/Audit (RCA) Consultants, and other RCA Managers to, depending on the function, oversee the successful creation, implementation, and maintenance of an effective risk management framework. Lead projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Facilitate the identification of gaps and drive solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems, or human errors. Ensures the active identification, response and/or escalation of risks as appropriate. May influence policies and procedures to maximize profit potential and minimize regulatory exposure. Accountable for an effective partnership between the Line of Business and the
Lines of Defense.
• Partner with the business line and risk teams to establish and maintain a formally documented and comprehensive risk framework program that encompasses appropriate identification and assessment of risks with the aligned Risk Assessment Units (RAU). This includes, but is not limited to risk record creation, risk/control alignments, desktop procedures, metrics with guardrails, on-going monitoring routines and issue escalation.
• Create and maintain risk frameworks in alignment with the U.S. Bank Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Policy, Enterprise Compliance Risk Assessment (ECRA) and Fair and Responsible Banking Risk Assessment Procedures
• Partner with Compliance Specialist for assigned business to thoroughly review Quarterly Enterprise Compliance Risk Assessment Attestation.
• Complete analysis of risk/control environment to determine control environment effectiveness. Works with assigned business line to ensure control documentation in ARCHER within 90 days of any new ECRA/RCSA risk. • Ensure formal RAU & Risk documentation is housed accurately within a central repository (Archer/eGRC)
• Facilitate completion of annual Control Self Assessment with assigned Control Owners. • Present risk framework concerns to the Leadership team
• Enable and support annual RCSA Workshop schedule and execution to ensure documentation remains current (i.e. 3rd Party, CAR, Issue, Product, Process, etc. alignment). Facilitate conversations with key stakeholders reviewing all components to the RCSA.
• Coordinate and complete routine risk analysis and/or attestation cycles
• Research, remediate and/or respond to credible challenges and/or oversight routines from second line of defense (SLOD) partners.
• May be asked to perform special projects as needed.
"This role is hybrid in Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN, Cincinnati, OH, Owensboro, KY and St. Louis, MO"
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Typically more than six years of applicable experience
- Advanced knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
- Advanced understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Thorough knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
- Strong leadership and management skills of processes, projects and people
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Applicable professional certifications
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $102,340.00 - $120,400.00 - $132,440.00U.S. Bank accepts applications for this position on an ongoing basis.