Application Developer Sr. (Open to anywhere in the U.S. Bank footprint)
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Application Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role you will be part of the team established to configure and develop complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms, and consult with business users on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation. You'll be working closely with the Delivery Manager, IT development, and Architecture groups while collaborating with several lines of business.
As a Senior Application Developer you will:
* Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk
* Participate in application architecture functions including estimating and defining time tables, cost and project tasks
* Recommend solutions to improve business with a focus on core architecture, technology strategies and standards
* Guide others through change impact analysis
* Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
* Review, analyze, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
* Create and recommend improvements to unit, test plans and testing process based on assessment of organizational needs
* Collaborate closely with teams in all stages of software development lifecycle including design, development and testing of the system
* Design basic and detailed program specifications while ensuring that expected application performance levels are achieved by managing interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations
* Guide technical staff and business partners to investigate, review, and solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems
* Monitor operating efficiency and organizational needs of existing application systems and identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of developed projects and recommend technical solutions
* Demonstrate solid understanding of the business needs driving the projects
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- At least seven years of experience with developing and implementing applications
Working experience in:
-Product and vendor evaluation
Extensive experience in:
-Modeling: data, process, events, objects
-IT standards, procedures, policy
-Application design, architecture
-Application development tools
-System development life cycle
Subject matter expert in:
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $102,340.00 - $120,400.00 - $132,440.00U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.