Senior Affordable Housing Production Analyst
Walker & Dunlop
We are Walker & Dunlop. We are one of the largest providers of capital to the commercial real estate industry, enabling real estate owners and operators to bring their visions of communities — where people live, work, shop, and play — to life. We are committed to creating meaningful social, environmental, and economic change in our communities. We believe seeking diverse talent and promoting the inclusion of all perspectives are more than moral imperatives – they are critical to our success and ability to innovate and grow.
Walker & Dunlop, the #1 multifamily finance lender in the US, with expertise in all GSE and FHA/HUD affordable financing programs, has been a major player in the affordable housing space for years. We continue to invest in our platform so we can provide our clients with unparalleled solutions for all of their affordable housing needs. Our suite of services, unmatched affordable housing experience, exceptional expertise in transaction execution, and industry-leading technology are setting a new standard in affordable housing. W&D’s dedicated Affordable team, committed to addressing the affordable housing crisis in the U.S., is comprised of debt financing, LIHTC equity, investment sales (dedicated to Affordable), and preservation.
Specific goals and duties in serving as Senior Analyst for Walker & Dunlop are as follows:
- Inputting and modeling multifamily data for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan sizers and create Narrative Packages to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Assist with Narrative completion including Market Write-ups, Photos & Maps, Sale Comps, and Rent Comps
- Assist with Underwriting Sizer/Data Input including spreading Rent Rolls, Historical Operating Statements, and Budgets
- Pull expense comps, CoStar Reports, and Property Tax Bills
- Work within DUS Gateway and Freddie Mac OUS systems to upload quote packages and loan options.
- Responsible for managing production team’s Salesforce entries for all new and existing loans and clients
- Assist production team in tracking deals during underwriting
- Participate in weekly Production Meetings
- Participate in Kick-Off meetings with producer, underwriter and closer for all loans under application
- Periodically travel with the Producer and participate in initial property inspections throughout the country.
- Interface with clients, mortgage brokers, lenders and other lending participants
- Other skills related to building a career in Multifamily finance
- Presence in the office, generally 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST, 3 days per week
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years financial analyst experience with commercial real estate owner, broker, appraiser or financial institution required
- Multifamily agency experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent financial modeling skills including thorough knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work productively in time sensitive situations
- Good concept of financial analysis of income producing real estate
- Exhibit good teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
What We Offer
The opportunity to join one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work winners from 2015-2023
Comprehensive benefit options* that have earned Walker & Dunlop the silver level of the 2022 Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation™, some of which include:
- Up to 83% subsidized medical payroll deductions
- Competitive dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) + match
- Pre-tax transit and commuting benefits
- A robust health and wellness program – earn cash rewards and gain access to resources that
promote health, engagement, and balance
- Paid maternity and parental leave, as well as other family paid leave programs
- Company-paid life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Health Savings Account and Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, with employee resource groups organizing activities and providing a space for open communication
Career development opportunities
Empowerment and encouragement to give back – volunteer hours and donation matching
*Eligibility may vary based on average number of hours worked
We are committed to equity in all steps of the recruitment and employment experience. We believe in equal access to opportunities in our workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on any characteristic protected by applicable law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, and genetic information. We strive to be a safe place to ask questions, build professional relationships, and develop careers.
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.