Experienced Audit Associate
Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
Withum is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum’s Auditing and Attest Engagement services are the cornerstone of our firm. Withum’s audit and advisory team possess the expertise necessary to give stakeholders confidence in financial information. This team provides audit services, Review and compilation services and other agreed upon audit procedures to a variety of client sizes and industries.
This Audit Experienced Associate role will be based out of our Encino, CA office. You'll work alongside an integrated team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders. In this position, you have an opportunity to build a strong team and be provided with a path to Partnership.
Withum’s brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Analyzing and reviewing client accounting records and financial statements
- Evaluating internal accounting control systems, audit risk, materiality and compliance with generally accepted auditing standards via inquiry, observation and review
- Creating detailed workpapers that support the accounting work done
- Working on portions of larger audit and accounting engagements
- Collaborating with engagement team seniors or supervisors and partners on client issue resolution and make recommendations for any legal, regulatory and accounting issues that arise during an audit engagement
- Proofreading (to become familiar with a wide range of reports)
- Assumimg full responsibility on smaller accounting engagements (as their proficiency increases)
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Working towards CPA license, or CPA certification (preferred)
- At least 1 year of prior experience working in the audit department of a public accounting
- Excellent analytical, technical audit, organizational, project management skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
The compensation for this position will vary by location. If you reside in California, please see below. In addition to the base compensation, Withum offers a competitive benefits package and bonus program (for eligible roles) based on individual and firm performance. Final offer amounts are based on multiple factors such as the specific role, hiring location, as well as the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications. For additional information on our benefits, visit our website at https://www.withum.com/careers/.
Encino ranges are from $80,000 - $100,000
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.