Resource Management Associate
Withum is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
The Resource Management Associate will be a strong presence in our Whippany, NJ office and work closely with firm management and Partners to develop capacity forecasts and monitor all team members’ schedules using the Firm’s scheduling software, Practice Engine, to meet client requirements and enhance utilization and efficiency. This person will be responsible for administering the firm's audit, tax and advisory engagements scheduling process, effectively filling resource engagement requests by scheduling, and coordinating the assignment of client service staff to engagements appropriately and ensuring staff workloads are balanced. The incumbent will track staffing utilization and perform statistical reporting for the firm’s partners and managers to maximize service delivery, for their assigned niches and service lines in Whippany, NJ.
Withum’s brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You’ll Spend Your time:
- Making decisions on staffing issues by working with all levels within the engagement team to find solutions for workload balancing and client due dates
- Collaborating with niche and service line leaders and client engagement teams to understand their business needs and drive consistency
- Monitoring schedules daily to ensure that team members are being effectively utilized to support the achievement of budget plans by reviewing available resources and facilitating necessary adjustments to ensuring the alignment of resources based on experience, industry, technical expertise, and geography when appropriate
- Monitoring productivity conflicts, leverage, availability, travel, and on-charge hours
- Consistently reviewing staff schedules for workload balance, managing capacity, and other issues in order to ensure maximum efficiency
- Reviewing potential scheduling solutions, when new jobs arrive or team member(s) leave, in a creative way with a firm perspective in mind and facilitates changes through Partners', Managers', and Seniors' schedules
- Identifying trends to proactively balance workloads while increasing utilization
- Developing strong working relationships and maintains open communication with all levels regarding team member availability to ensure maximum team member utilization
- Implementing six-month and annual schedules based on established budgets, client requests and deadlines, staff development program requirements, and PTO requests
- Meeting weekly with niche leaders and managers to discuss staffing needs
- Conducting a weekly analysis of the prior week’s posted billable and non-billable time for the Chief Utilization Officer and PICs, and make staffing recommendations based on findings
- Preparing scheduling, utilization, and forecasting reports on a weekly basis and provides analysis of the data to assist niche leaders and PICs in making staffing decisions
- Acting as a resource and a point of contact to mediate conflicts and resolve resource needs that develop
- Working with the Partners and affected managers to get all PTO requests approved
- Maintaining strong working relationships with managers to facilitate scheduling requests and scheduling confirmations.
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business, or related field is required; Bachelors is preferred
- 3 years of public accounting experience as an external client server or 1 to 3 years’ experience as a resource management professional, preferably in a professional services firm
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Strong relationship management skills. Must have the ability to connect at all levels of the Firm using diplomatic communication, influence, and negotiation skills
- Outgoing personality and ability to present topics and run meetings in front of all levels of the firm, from entry level staff through senior and executive management
- Understands and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize work accordingly
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and manage conflicting priorities with confidence
- Demonstrated self-starter who is a solution-oriented problem solver
- Strong technology skills are essential, including MS Office Suite
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, disability or because they are a protected veteran.