Looking to join a firm with an unbeatable culture?
Withum is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax, and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
The System and Process Assurance group at Withum is experiencing significant growth driven by market demand for assurance services. Our team is seeking a SOX Consultant/ Internal Controls Auditor with experience performing Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance consulting, Internal Controls assessment, COSO consulting, control risk assessments as part of integrated audit, and other internal audit projects to join any of our U.S. office locations (New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Boston, MA; Braintree, MA; Woburn, MA; Princeton, NJ; Whippany, NJ; East Brunswick NJ; Red Bank, NJ; Baltimore, MD; Bethesda, MD; Orlando, FL; San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; San Francisco, CA; or San Ramon, CA).
Withum’s brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Spend Your Time:
- Assisting audit teams with planning and testing of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
- Performing process walkthroughs of key financial/business cycles or general IT controls
- Assisting integrated audit team with control documentation and controls risk assessment
- For SOX Consulting projects, identifying and documenting internal controls and assisting clients with all internal audit activities for them to get ready for SOX audit
- Drawing informed objective opinions as to the adequacy and effectiveness of SOX and internal controls
- Preparing work papers summarizing evidentiary data obtained and conclusions reached
- Identifying and evaluating complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Facilitating use of technology-based tools and methodologies to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls and implementing services
- Adapting to the ever-changing compliance landscape and keep abreast with the latest business risks, threats, mitigation Techniques, etc.
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Possession of, or desire to, obtain CPA or CISA or other equivalent certifications
- At least 2-3 years of experience working for a public accounting firm or a SOX consulting firm
- Effective client service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of various business processes including ICFR, Revenue, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Financial Close, etc.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Remotely anywhere within the United States except the States of Colorado & New York.
The compensation for this position will vary by location. If you reside in D.C., California, Washington state or NYC, please see below. In addition to the base compensation, Withum offers a competitive benefits package and bonus program (for eligible roles) based on individual and firm performance. Final offer amounts are based on multiple factors such as the specific role, hiring location, as well as the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications. For additional information on our benefits, visit our website at https://www.withum.com/careers/.
California/Washington State ranges are from $75,000 - $95,000
Washington, D.C. ranges are from $70,000 - $90,000
NYC ranges are from $75,000 - $95,000