Technical Writer III
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
Wolfspeed’s Global Materials Operations business is seeking a Technical Writer for the Process Engineering Team. This position will be responsible for both generating new and updating existing procedures and documentation and conforming them to meet new Company standards. This individual will be working inter-departmentally varying skill levels and technical abilities. We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with independent decision-making skills to provide necessary support to the team.
As a member of the Process Engineering Team, this position will be responsible for the creation and enhancements of all procedural and operational documentation that the process team uses in their day-to-day activities. There will be direct interaction with R&D Engineers, Controls Engineers, Equipment Engineers, Equipment Technicians, Process Technicians and other groups to meet both department and Wolfspeed goals.
This posting is for a position that will directly support operations at the John Palmour Manufacturing Center for Silicon Carbide, our expansion site in Siler City, NC. The person in this role will train at our Durham, NC headquarters initially. This position is an on-site appointment and candidates should only apply if they are able to report permanently in-person on a Monday-Friday, 7AM–4PM EST schedule.
- Lead the development of required technical documentation for existing and future equipment. This will include both mechanical tasks and the control programs that run the tools.
- Update existing documentation and procedures to bring them up to current standards.
- Some of this work will include documenting software and database processes. Experience in documenting these types of processes will be a plus.
- Work across multiple teams to gather information and generate documentation that all members of the Process Engineering team can utilize to be successful in their day-to-day activities.
- May lead, guide, and train employees by performing related work as part of the discovery phase.
- May assist in 5S standardization programs
- Communicate effectively and professionally and work as part of a larger team.
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, communication or equivalent engineering field;
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical writing experience
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while knowing when to ask for help.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with all MS Office tools.
- Ability to develop a project roadmap with a defined plan to meet deadlines and commitments.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
This role requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
To put it legally –Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.