Reverse Osmosis Deionized Water Specialist
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist: We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented RO/DI (reverse osmosis/deionized) Water Technician to join our team. As a key member of our Facilities Operations Team, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting high purity water and wastewater reclamation systems at our 3 campuses in Durham, NC. Your primary goal will be to ensure the efficient operation and optimal performance of these systems, delivering high-quality purified water to support our manufacturing processes.
- Install, configure, and maintain RO/DI water purification systems according to specifications.
- Maintain all RO/DI equipment including but not limited to activated carbon filters, media vessels, reverse osmosis skids, EDI stacks, ultra-violet lamps.
- Conduct routine inspections and preventive maintenance to identify and address potential issues before they escalate.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems in RO/DI systems, implementing effective solutions promptly.
- Monitor system trends, performance and water quality to ensure compliance with site standards and local regulations.
- Update and maintain the RODI assets in Maintenance Connection (CMMS).
- Fill-in duties to ensure WWR operates effectively and operation of pilot projects assigned by Engineering.
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
- 2+ years’ experience as a Reverse Osmosis Water Technician or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of reverse osmosis systems, water treatment processes, and equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Physical ability to lift and move equipment as needed.
This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
To put it legally – Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.