Facilities Controls Technician
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
Wolfspeed is seeking Facilities Controls Technician to join the Facilities team in Farmers Branch supporting 24/7 semiconductor manufacturing operations. We want you to apply your relevant expertise to a challenging work environment where you can make a real difference in the day-to-day operations of a high-tech electronics and semiconductor manufacturing operation. You will be able to solve complex problems with little supervision, allowing you to make decisions on how and when a project is completed.
- Utilize control systems to monitor equipment within the factory, review system trends, respond to alarms and other urgent facility situations, and troubleshoot operational parameters that fall outside of normal operating parameters
- Troubleshoot programming and system faults for plant equipment and modify existing programs to improve sequencing, add/modify/remove alarms, and aide in improved troubleshooting and error response within the plant PLCs, HMIs, and automated systems
- Perform calibrations of Flow, Level, Temperature, Pressure, and Humidity Transmitters using approved test and calibrated equipment
- Work with cross discipline team members to correct deficiencies and issues in systems across the site.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and perform PID loop tuning and adjustments
- Read and comprehend blueprints and electrical control panel schematics
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
- Must have a highschool degree, GED, or equivalent
- 3 years of industrial maintenance related experience or a combination of education, technical degree, or certificates
- Use of computerized CMMS and building management systems / SCADA to maintain and troubleshoot facilities equipment
- Must be able to work safely, use all personal protective equipment and attend training as required by OSHA and job requirements
- Communicate and document clearly (verbal and written) and ability to work from verbal and written instructions, manuals, wiring diagrams, schematics, piping and instrument diagrams, work orders and specifications
- Must be an assertive self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Must be able to work in a 24 hour on-call situations.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands, and wrists, includes standing or walking over hard concrete surface, and climbing ladders
This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
To put it legally –Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.