Equipment Engineering Manager, AMHS
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
· Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
· Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
· Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
· Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
· Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
In this role you will manage a team of equipment engineers and technicians as you work to maintain semiconductor equipment, ensuring minimal equipment downtime and optimizing productivity. This position is focused on the material transport system (AMHS) module and will work cross functionally to provide continuous improvement in cycle time, tool availability, and cost.
· Provide guidance and strategic direction to a team of 15+ supervisors, engineers, and technicians, while driving results in the AMHS module.
· Act as a subject matter expert for all factory automation tasks, connecting manufacturing equipment to the AMHS, the material control system (MCS) and the Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
· Help support current installation and start-up of Factory Automation systems including AMHS, tool load ports, and reticle stockers.
· Proactively monitor AMHS systems performance while identifying and drive opportunities to improve system performance.
· Manage preventative maintenance, and repair of semiconductor fabrication equipment.
· Conduct postmortem analysis of > 24-hour tool down, wafer scrap, or wafer scrap near misses.
· Manage area budget goals and continuous improvement projects (CIPs) to meet tool availability goals.
· Create and modify procedures and preventative maintenance specifications to increase tool availability and enhance training procedures.
· Support and influence 5S methodology, ensuring the workplace is clean, uncluttered, safe and well organized to reduce waste and optimize productivity.
· Work closely with process engineering and production staff to improve overall quality metrics for the fab, SPC, Scrap, Rework, and cost reduction.
· Lead hiring and play an active part in the recruitment and growth of the AMHS Equipment team as we scale the Mohawk Valley Fab.
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
· A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
· Specific experience in equipment and process automation within wafer FAB using commercial MES, AMHS, MCS and dispatching/scheduling solutions.
· 5-8 years’ prior work experience in a high-volume automated semiconductor wafer FAB.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience with AMHS / MCS systems in wafer FABs
· Highly proficient with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, Excel, VBA, JMP, etc.).
· Management of automation systems maintenance.
· Management of small to medium size capital projects.
The posted salary range is what Wolfspeed reasonably expects to pay for this position. Actual pay for a hired applicant will be determined based on the individual’s job-relevant qualifications, experience, and other determinative factors. In the event it is determined that a different job level upon hire is warranted then that range will be communicated to the hired applicant as soon as reasonably practicable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.