Director, Strategy and Performance
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Key business area leader to oversee the strategic planning and budgeting process as well as the oversight and delivery of strategic and effective communications at the business area and corporate level in support of executive leadership. Provides strategic and business planning leadership and consultation to ensure alignment and achievement of plans and objectives. Partner with leaders across a multi-functional business area and enterprise to develop and deliver impactful metrics and other analytics. Lead a variety of key initiatives and special programs on behalf of the business area. Oversee and/or leverage business area systems.
- Strategy: Partner with leaders within the business area to recommend and identify goals to be achieved by the business area. Responsible for integrating Xcel Energy business strategies into overall business area strategy and tactical plans.
- Strategic Planning: Lead business area leaders through the planning, development, and implementation of the overall business area strategy and operational plans. Responsible to ensure that business unit strategies are in alignment and contribute to the achievement of Xcel Energy.
- Communication/Reporting: Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of strategic communications around all business area activities. Lead the reporting of goal accomplishments.
- Project/Program Management: Direct implementation and development of project plans and timelines, monitor execution to plans and report on status and issues. May include independent management of strategic projects for the business area.
- Analytics/Metrics: Oversee and/or leverage business area systems and data to identify, develop and deliver meaningful metrics and other analytics and/or automated solutions.
- Management: Oversee and ensure effective management of people and operations.
- Budget Management: Oversee the business area budget and forecasting process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- At least eight years experience in related disciplines.
- At least three years management/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and with business and operational performance measures.
- Experience in communications with demonstrated ability to deliver effective and strategic messages to audiences ranging from front line employees to senior executives.
- Experience overseeing or leveraging technology.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet business and financial objectives.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $119,000.00 to $169,666.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.