SPS Key Account Manager
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position will be required to travel 10% of the time!
Total account management responsibilities for the largest retail energy customers. Act as Xcel Energy's sales leader in determining customer needs and risks by utilizing a high degree of initiative, judgment, business analysis, sales and problem solving skills. Develop customized solutions that grow the large industrial market for future profitability.
- Manage all aspects of business with assigned customers by being a full-service energy agent. In addition to innovative customer solutions, responsible for interpreting company policies; anticipating and responding to customer inquiries and complaints; and explaining/resolving complicated electric and gas rates and billings, etc.
- Analyze, develop and manage account plans to become energy agent for key account customers. Identify and integrate new technologies and dynamic changes in the marketplace into the account plan for designated customers to retain and increase sales of Xcel Energy products and services (projects up to $50 million).
- Lead negotiations in the sale of large custom products and energy services contracts. Perform and direct in-depth financial analysis of potential custom solution opportunities with customers. Responsible for capturing and recording customer needs by creating appropriate sales plan and utilizing sales tracking system.
- Develop and implement proactive sales strategies utilizing expertise in marketing and sales theory.
- Direct and orchestrate ongoing communications and decision-making discussions with Xcel Energy executive management and customers regarding accounts. Develop and maintain key relationships with customer's executive and middle management.
- Prepare kwh and decatherm sales and revenue forecast for assigned accounts in support of annual forecasts and budget. Anticipate major customer project needs and input into budget accordingly.
- Apply sales experience and technical expertise of existing and evolving energy technologies, products and services (i.e. DSM, Gas Transportation, Electric Load Management, Power Quality, Distributed Generation, Co-generation, etc.) to negotiate and close favorable energy sales contracts.
- Conduct or direct key account energy analyses and periodic rate studies.
Requires BA/BS Degree with technical or business-related emphasis or combination of education and sales/marketing work experience providing equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 5 years experience in sales/ marketing and or utility engineering experience required. 1-2 years experience handling large high profile accounts with proven results preferred. Computer systems background to secure, create and present information required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000.00 to $112,999.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.