Supervisor, Regional Gas Project Controls
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Project Control Supervisor will be responsible for providing supervisory direction and support to the Gas Centralized Project Controls organization to ensure a consistent approach that aligns with the overall Gas Centralized Project Controls strategy and corporate standards. This position will also be responsible for managing an active portfolio of front-line responsibilities along with the supervisory duties. The Supervisor will also be responsible for contributing to the strategic goals and visions of the Gas Centralized Project Control Organization. This position interacts daily with the capital project teams, periodically with business area executive management and develops solid relationships with all levels throughout the company to obtain results. This position assists in the implementation and achievement of goals, KPIs and measurement of business initiatives within the business area.
- Develop capital projects schedules and interviews project teams to validate project scope inclusion in schedule. Defines critical path and validates that the project schedule is in compliance with the agreed to schedule structure. Provides project cost tracking and reporting to management and other project controls services as requested. Develop and control the execution of work orders within the corporate ERP platform. Responsible for the evolution of business area procedures in line corporate standards.
- Responsible for ensuring and the development of project controls tools, policies and procedures. Responsible for the maintenance of project tools across the business area using the Project Management software systems.
- Provides regional supervisory direction to the regional Gas Centralized roject Control specialist to ensure a consistent approach that aligns with the overall Gas Centralized Project Controls strategies and goals. Will work directly with area managers to build strong relationships and to communicate the goals of the Project Controls organization.
- Responsible for managing a team of individuals who work closely with the Capital Project teams on respective scope, schedule, and cost issues.
- Special project assignments as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, Business Management or related field (6 years related experience may be substituted for the degree) 5 years project management / project controls experience Previous supervisory experience preferred. Experience in overall project scheduling, reporting, and project planning methods and practices Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and scheduling tools Proficient in the use of Primavera scheduling tool PMP (Project Management Professional Certificate) preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $92,300.00 to $130,567.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/23/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.