Transmission Journeyman Senior Technical Instructor
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provide professional safety/technical training consulting across the Company/Enterprise. Utilize systematic approaches to training to develop and maintain training materials. Design evaluation instruments and analyze trainee and stakeholder feedback for program improvements. Position may require extended periods of time at the customer site. Manage training programs. Coordinate apprenticeship programs within regions. The position will periodically travel to different regions to support kick-offs for trainings as needed.
- Utilize systematic approach to training to deliver effective training and adhere to records management requirements. Design and develop skills enhancement strategies and practices to support continuous improvement of personnel necessary to meet/exceed business and organizational goals and to be successful in meeting industry and competitive challenges.
- Provide oversight and work direction for apprenticeship programs, continuing technical training, and instructional staff. Support continuous improvement of field staff to meet/exceed organizational goals.
- Fully utilize business processes (scorecard, marketing strategies, manufacturing-analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation) and project management in implementing training.
- Consult with customer to identify business needs and objectives. Provide customer contact for all training services, products and programs.
- Design and maintain effective testing instruments and perform statistical analysis to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate overall effectiveness, cost benefit and ultimate bottom line impact of the training/consulting product or service provided.
- Perform technical and process improvement consulting.
- Meet continuing technical and instructional requirements by adhering to Training Process Procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Education, or technical field related to the subject(s) in which the individual will provide instruction is preferred, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge (specialized trade school, instructor certification, military training, journeyman training) is preferred.
- Five years of training experience or equivalent technical work experience related to subject area of instruction preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $81,000.00 to $115,866.66 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/29/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.