Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.Position Summary
Standard Operations Position. Assembles, groups, and prioritizes work orders, orders materials and parts, assigns long-term and near-term schedule dates for maintenance crews, and assigns work order operations to work orders. Selects and manages contractors, assists in developing the critical path for overhauls and outages, and tracks completion. Prepares monthly maintenance and various equipment reports as required. Develops cost estimates for outages and large projects, and assists in developing plant budget. Estimates labor requirements on equipment repairs, tracks actual time spent, and effectively manages cost. Tracks backlog and maintenance re-works. Develops and implements maintenance procedures and programs.
- Plans daily and weekly maintenance work. Creates and prioritizes work orders, checks on availability of parts and materials, and develops work schedules for maintenance crews. Assigns work order operations to work orders.
- Plans and oversees overhauls and outages. Performs long term and near term outage scheduling and critical path functions to reduce the duration of planned outages. Schedules and manages contractors, orders parts, develops and updates work schedules, and tracks work completion during the overhaul/outage. Reallocates resources as needed during outages to meet business needs. Prepares final outage report
- Owns various work processes, trending and tracking programs, administrative systems and plant systems in support of engineering
- Prepares monthly maintenance/operations report, outage reports and various equipment reports as required. Prepares reports on maintenance back-log and equipment re-works including fuel reports, and other monthly reports as needed.
- Plans large maintenance projects. Estimates cost, required resources, and evaluates contractor proposals. Evaluates and selects contractors based on quality, timeliness and cost, as appropriate. Serves as coordinator and site contact for contractors performing work in the plant.
- Develops cost estimates for outages and large equipment repair jobs. Assists in preparing plant budget
Three to five years of power plant experience or equivalent experience in heavy industry. Formal relevant technical education and/or military/service/training may be substituted for years of experience on a one-for-one basis up to four years. An understanding of maintenance and operations practices and procedures is required. Good communication skills both oral and written Leadership and human relations experience required. Demonstrate ability to lead people and manage projects. Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Knowledge of ""Lockout/Tagout Processes"". Experience with budgeting and cost control preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com.Non-BargainingThe anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $69,700.00 to $99,100.00 per yearThis position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Pay and benefit packages may vary based on position. Some employees are under collective bargaining agreements, which determine the benefits they will receive. If the information conflicts with the terms of the written plan documents governing the plan, the plan document will control. Benefit plans are subject to change and Xcel Energy has the right to end, suspend, or amend any of its plans, at any time, in whole or in part.Anticipated Last Date to Apply: 02/21/24
Xcel Energy endeavors to make https://www.xcelenergy.com/ accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Xcel Energy Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.