Personal Assistant to Group Head of M&A
Personal Assistant to Group Head of M&A
London, GB, WC2N 5EH
National Grid touches the lives of almost everyone, with an energy network that stretches across the Atlantic. We’re an international team, and our work underpins the lives of millions of people. Feet forwards, head up, and eyes bright, we’re working hard to create value for people today – and shape the future of energy tomorrow.
In the UK, we don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for you to provide professional support for the Group Head of M&A at National Grid. Our Personal Assistants play a crucial role, working closely with the Executive you’ll look after their world by extensively and proactively managing diaries and emails, organise travel and accommodation, understanding and prioritising key activities to assist in achieving deadlines. As PA you will also co-ordinate meetings, seminars, conferences, where required, and dinners including Direct Report and team meetings.
We are specifically seeking a highly organised and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills and who can work in an ever changing fast paced pressurised environment. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be really confident but in a professional and discreet manner.
• Effectively manage and coordinate the Group’s Head of M&A very busy and ever changing diary ensuring accurate diary management and timely replies to meeting requests.
• Working closely with fellow PAs to collectively coordinate diaries for group meetings.
• Working closely with the Group Head of M&A to ensure smooth running of the M&A office.
• Arranging domestic and international flights, accommodation, ground transfers, trains, taxis, restaurants, visas and other travel documents for the Group Head of M&A as well as arranging meetings / dinners while the Group Head of M&A is travelling.
• Preparing for varied meetings, which includes gathering and printing all necessary documents and agendas as required.
• Screening telephone calls, taking messages and responding to queries.
• Coordinating meetings, conference calls, and interviews.
• Organising onsite and offsite meetings, conferences and events where required.
• Checking, filtering, forwarding or replying to emails and correspondence addressed to the Group Head of M&A.
• Compiling and submitting expense reports for the Group Head of M&A
• Processing invoices relating to the M&A team and the M&A cost code.
• Maintaining a forward planning “virtual file” with daily and weekly files, documents, pack and agendas for meetings.
• Receive, prioritise, acknowledge and answer incoming mail and routine enquiries.
• Act as the first point of contact in order to support the resolution of queries and issues.
• Respond to stakeholders, customers and internal queries relevant to the Group Head of M&A in order to ensure immediate response to issues raised.
• Experience of working as a Personal Assistant.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to assemble and handle highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion
• Secretarial/Team Administration skills e.g. Prioritising and organising a busy workload, Good communication and organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrates initiative and has a flexible approach and “can do” attitude to work
• Ensure absolute discretion at all times.
What you'll get
A salary From £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience.
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Double-match pension scheme (for every £1 you put in we put in £2, to a max company contribution of up to 12%)
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 statutory days, plus the opportunity to buy 5 more days annually)
- Life Assurance: 10 x your base salary
- Access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car, health & technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – relevant to your role.
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days).
- Access to apps that support health, fitness and wellbeing.
At National Grid, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.