Engineering Procurement & Construction Lead Project Manager
Engineering Procurement & Construction Lead Project Manager
About The Role
2 Brand New Roles – Permanent – UK North / North East Coast / Hybrid Location
Great Britain's electricity infrastructure is undergoing an ambitious, exciting and vital transformation. Together with industry, we are creating a cleaner, greener system, one that protects the planet and serves generations to come.
In these new roles, you’ll develop, deliver and close a number of projects within a major project to time, cost and specification in accordance with the emerging Strategic Infrastructure process. You’ll ensure health, safety and environmental issues are managed throughout the process and projects deliver the business’ regulatory, stakeholder and customer commitments. Working with the wider project, you will build and maintain good partner and stakeholder relationships that will enable successful project delivery
We are open to full time and part time applicants , as well as flexible working arrangements.
What we do isn’t just important – it’s essential. That’s why we look to recruit experts in their field. In this case, we’re looking for someone who is a capable and passionate project manager from the built environment. This may be complex infrastructure or other large build projects.
You’ll have a firm focus on project safety, processes and governance with a customer centric approach.
You’ll likely have an NEC3/NEC4 Project Manager qualification or equivalent, great stakeholder management skills and strong contractual knowledge.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At National Grid, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace for everyone. So if you’re excited about this role but your experience or qualifications don’t match the job description exactly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right person for our growing business in this role or another one.
What You'll Do
Your responsibilities will be ranging to include:
- Leading on all technical engineering and non engineering interfaces on the project, ensuring appropriate rigour is applied to solutions balanced with timely delivery.
- Managing processes and requirements for regulator including Early Construction Funding and Pre-construction funding submissions, required for the delivery and closure of a complex mega project.
- Driving customer and stakeholder satisfaction through positive engagement and work pro-actively to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Producing all required project documentation, ensuring governance is maintained throughout the investment process whilst also demonstrating the implementation of lessons learned and best practice
- Developing, implementing, and managing project delivery, design, safety by design, commissioning, scheme closure and post-completion requirements.
- Acting as lead interface as client on Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and where required, appoint and lead the FEED contractor in their activities. Monitor and control the FEED budget and resolve any contractual issues in a timely manner.
- Working with Investment Accountants, monitor and control the investment throughout the process providing regular project monthly status reports
- Managing the Contractor commissioning and performance testing process on site. Ensuring the provision of accurate ‘as built’ documentation to handover of the assets onto the system to the standards defined in the design.
- Acting as the Project Manager working with the NEC suite (or equivalent for other contract types).
What You'll Get
A competitive starting salary between £60,000 – £70,000 – dependent on capability.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus based on personal and company performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
National Grid Strategic Infrastructure has a key role to play in tackling climate change by accelerating our capacity to deliver clean electricity across the UK. We already operate the fastest decarbonising electricity grid in the world, with an ambition for zero carbon operation by 2025. And by 2035, we want to run 100% clean, green energy, all the time.
Here at National Grid, we connect homes and businesses to power, making sure supply and demand match each other. We make sure the lights are on in schools, operating theatres, and sporting arenas; we’re thousands of people working on behalf of millions of people.
Our investment in Strategic Infrastructure via the Great Grid Upgrade will mean more home grown power, greater energy security and a cleaner future.
Whatever your role, wherever you work with us, you’ll help us hit stretching targets and achieve our far-reaching goal: to secure, clean energy that supports our world far into the future. Here, you will be at the heart of energy.
This role closes on February 20th at 23:59, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not wait until the published closing date as this can vary. Interviews will be held on or around February 8th
We work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
We're committed to building a workforce that represents the communities we serve, and a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.