Mechanic B_Wading River
Mechanic B_Wading River
Wading River, NY, US, 11792
THIS POSTING WILL ALSO BE USED TO FILL ADDITIONAL VACANCIES IN THE SAME JOB CLASSIFICATION THAT MAY ARISE DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS.
Pay Rate: $ 32.75
- May be responsible for and direct work of one or two assistants.
- Layout, run or erect pipelines and/or tubing from prints or sketches.
- Cut through with machines and hand dies and cut and flare tubing.
- Make up screwed flanged, lead, cement or soldered joints.
- Make simple plumbing installations and repairs including pipe bends.
- Perform simple overhauling and repairs of pipe line accessories and equipment.
- Layout, fabricate and install hangers and supports for pipes, heaters, etc.
- Layout, fabricate and install metal reinforcing pipe and miscellaneous steel assemblies including fittings, work on low-pressure vessels.
- Use of gas welding equipment for less complicated cutting, heating or soldering members or structures, forgoing and forge welding less complicated welding.
- Tack welding by gas or electric process.
- Setting up and operating either electric or gas welding equipment and being familiar with and observing.
- Inspecting, adjusting, repairing, testing, installing and maintaining less complicated equipment or less complicated parts of major equipment in connection with electrical controls, wiring, conduit, cables, regulators, motors, transformers, oil circuit breakers, etc.
- Perform less complicated motor repairs.
- May work on or near energized circuits or equipment up to 440 volts and assist higher-grade mechanics at higher voltage.
- Run ordinary power and lighting circuits.
- Perform necessary mechanical work in connection with above work.
- Having and using knowledge of codes applying to the work and operation of electrical equipment.
- Removing and installing instruments, controls and related apparatus.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the "General Rules for Electric Equipment and Lines".
- Performing general masonry work including concrete work, brick work asbestos work and plastering.
- Perform less complicated overhauling and repairing of all types of boilers and accessories.
- Installing baffles and removing, replacing and rolling tubes in headers and repairing oil-burning equipment on boilers.
- Having and using knowledge of rigging equipment and its use on light loads on horizontal or gentle inclines.
- Knowing limits of each size and type of rigging equipment in connection with this work.
- Applicants may participate in Fuel oil delivery and unloading operations periodically as required.
- Applicants will be subject to working special schedules to meet the Maintenance requirements of the Generation Station.
Make arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages. Successful applicant must demonstrate their ability and willingness to work at heights and have valid N.Y. State Driver’s license.
- More than 3 years in this or related work.
- NOTE: Applicants will be required to successfully complete a Mechanic skill assessment test at Our Academy at Hub Drive prior to acceptance.
- Employees selected for this classification will be required to participate in federally mandated drug testing programs prior to selection, randomly on a year-round basis, after an injury and for reasonable cause.
Pass Field Assessment Test
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty