Analyst, Meter Data Services
Analyst, Meter Data Services
Syracuse, NY, US, 13202
National Grid is hiring an Analyst for our Meter Data Services – ISO Settlement & Projects Department in Syracuse, NY
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As an Analyst in Meter Data Services (MDS), the role has an opportunity to be accountable for the collection of electric and gas meter information, accurate and timely delivery of this information to downstream systems (billing, settlement, demand response, energy efficiency, energy suppliers, etc.) and/or settling with the jurisdictional ISOs. This critical role will be responsible for processing customer / generator meter readings and applying to required daily and monthly settlement deliverables. This role may also work with Load Research personnel in coordinating electric data samples when developing load sample shapes, profiles and capacity tags. The position will need to support regulatory requests, SOX and audit inquiries as well as other ad hoc requests asked of MDS.To assist in gathering, maintaining and governing asset data across the business.
· Accurately and consistently execute MDS settlement processes to meet daily & monthly deliverables
· Support Load Research activities either directly or indirectly per your role within MDS
· Analyze daily collection results, identify meter collection issues, coordinate within MDS or directly with field operations and billing organization to resolve issues.
· May coordinate with the field operations organization in supporting meter exchanges and troubleshooting at the field site.
· Support SOX & Internal Audit requests and deliverables
· Support process improvement activities providing creative process improvement ideas, support team hub activities and PEX activities to drive continuous improvements.
· Cultivate successful working relationships with colleagues to ensure consistent operational performance for key stakeholders Customer Meter Services, Electric & Gas Meter Shops, Accounts Maintenance, Billing and Systems, Supplier Services, Regulatory and Pricing, Information Technology and jurisdictional ISOs.
· Interface with key Stakeholders to provide process and analytical support to help deliver on regulatory mandates, process improvements and Key Performance Indicators.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering and/or equivalent work-related experience
· Knowledge of the Energy Industry a plus
· Experience with National Grid Customer Billing Systems (CSS)
· Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook
· Willingness to expand your technical knowledge
· Strong Analytical skills: must be able to provide timely and accurate interpretation of Meter Collection Information
· Experience working with multiple stakeholders on different issues and meeting pre-defined deadlines
· Experience in working well in team environment from diverse backgrounds & experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills are required
***This position may require working flexible hours Monday-Friday between 6 am and 6 pm and weekends only when necessary.
$62k - $73k a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Syracuse