Manager, Field Cost Engineering
Manager, Field Cost Engineering
Waltham, MA, US, 02451
Superpowered. Meaningful work. Human impact. A story we’re proud to tell. This is what matters to us at National Grid. In a world of complexity and unanswered questions, there is one thing we’re certain about: the power of our people.
Join us in our goal to deliver 100% fossil-free heat to our customers by 2050!
National Grid is hiring a Manager for our New England Electric Field Cost Engineering department in Waltham, MA. This is a hybrid position.
The New England Electric Field Cost Engineering team manages, supports and monitors contracts and contractual relationships for outsourced complex and non-complex electric construction contracts for National Grid.
What You'll Do
· Lead and coach the team in unit rate-based construction field cost engineering including inspection, study, review, investigation and assessment as well as change order reconciliation, negotiation and dispute resolution to ensure the annual electric capital construction workplan assigned to contracted resources is effectively delivered
· Motivate and enable the team in prioritizing, troubleshooting and executing deliverables
· Foster relationships with external contractors along with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Construction, Project/Program Management, Procurement, Engineering, Safety and Emergency Planning
· Initiate and lead team in process improvements and efficient ways of working
· Lead the New England External Line Resource Unit during weather events
· A bachelor’s degree is required
· 5+ years of experience in contracts, construction management, project management or engineering within the electric utility industry required
· 5+ years of experience managing, coaching teams and developing employees preferred
· 5+ years of experience making presentations to upper management preferred
· 3+ years of experience in SAP Ariba Guided Buying preferred
· 3+ years of experience in STORMS preferred
· 3+ years of experience in PowerPlan preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Power BI, MS Teams, SharePoint, Power Point, Excel and Word required
· Valid driver’s license required
#LI-NF1 #LI-Hybrid Rewarding work and a collaborative, team-oriented culture are just the beginning. Working at National Grid affords eligible non-union employees a vast array of benefits, including medical, dental, life, 401K, paid holidays and vacation, just to start. Review our digital benefit guide at ngbenefitslivebrighter.com for full details and descriptions.
$155k - $182k a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston