Warwick, GB, CV34 6DA
National Grid touches the lives of almost everyone, with an energy network that stretches across the Atlantic. We’re an international team, and our work underpins the lives of millions of people. Feet forwards, head up, and eyes bright, we’re working hard to create value for people today – and shape the future of energy tomorrow.
In the UK, we don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
NGV is the competitive division of National Grid, and operates outside of its core regulated businesses in the US and UK.
NGV develops, operates and invests in energy projects, technologies and partnerships to accelerate the development of a clean energy future. NGV's diverse portfolio of low carbon and renewable energy businesses across the UK, Europe and US includes sub-sea interconnectors, liquefied natural gas, battery storage, wind and solar power.
The portfolio also includes UK Land & Property which is responsible for the workplace facilities for UK employees. It also manages over 3,000 hectares of operational land.
The Personal Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Information & Digital Officer, NGV and the Global Head of Technology Operations, and provide ad hoc support to their Leadership Teams. The successful candidate will be highly organized, proactive, and able to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and discretion.
What you'll do
- Provide a first line response for team communications
- Manage and co-ordinate team diaries and schedules and ensure that the itinerary is always clearly communicated to all relevant parties
- Organise various meetings, briefings and events as required, including rooms, facilities, travel or accommodation bookings, and provide a minute taking and distribution service for key meetings
- Provide support to prepare letters, reports and presentations
- Review expense reports for the Senior Leader's direct reports
- Act as the first point of contact in order to support the resolution of queries/issues – both internal and external
- Raise shopping carts and process receipts
- Ensure that all requests, orders, invoices are progressed in a timely manner, complying with all procedural requirements and internal audit regulations.
- Support fellow members of the team to ensure that the movements and activities are co-ordinated and maximise their impact on business performance
- Ensure that internal and external perceptions of Functions/Partners are managed and protected within favourable boundaries wherever possible, maintaining confidentiality wherever appropriate
- Promoting a positive safety culture through visible proactive, consistent and influential behaviours
- Keep the company safe by co-operating with others to ensure a co-ordinated approach to promote a clear understanding of each party’s duties, roles and responsibilities for Safety and Wellbeing
- Responsible for inducting all new starters into the department. Ensure that all new starters obtain a security pass to the building and that laptop and mobile phone are available from Day 1.
What you'll need
- Experience of working as a Personal Assistant
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility, taking personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly
- Ability to assemble and handle highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Good influencing and excellent team working skills
- Experience of liaising with senior members of staff, internally and externally
- Excellent awareness of the organisation, business issues and processes are essential
- Communicates effectively with external and internal customers to monitor delivery and satisfaction
- High level of computer literacy, especially in the use and application of standard MS applications, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
What you'll get
A competitive salary between £30,000 – £38,000 – dependent on capability
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus based on personal and company performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
Our values and principles
At National Grid, through listening to what our customers need, every day we do the right thing and find a better way.
As a National Grid employee, you’ll treat our customers as a priority, taking time to listen and work with them to help give them the best experience we possibly can. You’ll need to be proactive and flexible in your approach and continually look for ways to exceed their expectations – sometimes in unexpected and helpful ways. You’ll provide accessible information when our customers need it and make things simple by using your expertise to guide them. Above all, you’ll follow through on your promises to deliver value, drive efficiency and give them a great customer experience.
We offer inclusion and diversity training for everyone here at National Grid, with a view to building an inclusive working environment and developing all our employees. Training opportunities range from unconscious bias and reverse mentoring to targeted training initiatives which are tailored to support our diverse and innovative work force.
At National Grid, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.