Data and Systems Senior Analyst - ESO
Data and Systems Senior Analyst - ESO
Warwick, GB, CV34 6DA
About the role
Great Britain's electricity system is undergoing an ambitious, exciting and vital transformation. Together with industry, we are creating a cleaner, greener system, one that protects the planet and serves generations to come.
Reporting to the Data & Systems Lead, the Data & Systems Senior Analyst is responsible for acting as a subject matter expert/super user for key Finance data processes and systems. You will liaise directly with end users and other functions to support data management, system updates and testing activities, and to contribute to the development and implementation of systems and process improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness for the business.
This role can be based from Wokingham or Warwick, and we continue to offer hybrid working from office and home.
The ESO has a key role to play in tackling climate change by transitioning GB’s electricity system to net zero. We already operate the fastest decarbonising electricity system in the world, with an ambition for zero carbon operation by 2025. And by 2035, we want to run 100% clean, green energy, all the time.
Becoming the Future System Operator
In 2021, government and Ofgem jointly consulted on proposals for an expert, impartial Future System Operator (FSO) with responsibilities across both the electricity and gas systems, to drive progress towards net zero while maintaining energy security and minimising costs for consumers. In October 2023, the Energy Act 2023 was passed, legislating for this Future System Operator to be created.
The ESO, including all of its existing roles, will be at the heart of the new Future System Operator. We will be taking on additional roles across vectors and sectors to create an organisation with a whole energy system mindset; enabling us to identify solutions to our energy system that are more sustainable, secure, and affordable for all.
The FSO will be set up as a public corporation with operational independence from government – bringing parties together to support optimised decision making and action. As now, it will be licenced and regulated by Ofgem through price control agreements. It is anticipated that the new organisation will be up and running in 2024.
The time to act on climate change is now. As part of our team, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in Great Britain – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
- Acting as a superuser for SAP and connected apps, to ensure high quality advice and support to end users and other functions.
- Building relationships with the Digital, Data & Technology (DD&T) teams to support the implementation of system updates (including user acceptance testing), and to act as an intermediary between DD&T and business end users during system change requests or testing.
- Liaising with DD&T support and release teams on promotion of any updates to code, provide on-call support in line with code drop release windows.
- Testing all new or changed data models or data transformations for accuracy and consistency before testing by the requester of final reports/outputs to verify the integrity of information made available to the business.
- Responsible for data cleansing and adherence to data management rules and policies to ensure ongoing efficacy of Finance data.
- Providing management and support for actioning change requests and query resolution.
- Supporting end users in business requirement workshops, including contributing innovative solutions and options for leveraging new functionality to help reduce development costs and maximise value, and translating functional requirements into workable reports, dashboards, applications, and analysis in line with existing tools and frameworks.
- Proactively supporting the implementation of continuous improvement and performance excellence activities. This includes supporting system improvements and ensuring new features/content available on FSO systems are understood and opportunities leveraged across the wider Finance team.
- Supporting the delivery of projects and ad-hoc requests, as required by the CFO leadership team from time to time.
What we do isn’t just important – it’s essential. That’s why we look to recruit experts in their field. In this case, we’re looking for someone who:
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA).
- In-depth knowledge of data management, data structures, hierarchies, and models in SAP S4 Hana and PowerBI, and other related technical systems.
- Experience in supporting systems, data, and compliance activities.
- Advanced user of SAP and PowerBI
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills.
What you'll get
A competitive salary between £45,000 - £50,000pa – dependent on experience and capability.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus based on company performance, 26 days annual leave as standard and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%.
This role closes on 23/02/2024 at 23:59, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not wait until the published closing date as this can vary.
We work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
We're committed to building a workforce that represents the communities we serve, and a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.