Senior Planner, Portfolio Planning
Senior Planner, Portfolio Planning
West Roxbury, MA, US, 02132 West Roxbury, MA, US, 02132
Superpowered. Meaningful work. Human impact. A story we're proud to tell. This is what matters to us at National Grid. In a world of complexity and unanswered questions, there is one thing we're certain about: the power of our people. Join us in our goal to deliver 100% fossil-free heat to our customers by 2050!
National Grid is hiring a Sr. Resource Planner for our Gas CMS Resource Coordination department in Metro Boston area (West Roxbury)
Manage and coordinate multiple field location work plans and activities ensuring regulatory, budget, work performance, productivity, and customer expectations are realized.
Schedule, execute and model program work plans as prescribed by Resource Planning to support the overall delivery of the Capex and OpEx work plans.
- Manage, balance, and coordinate external and internal resources to optimize short and long-term workplan objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stake holders, driving efficiency in scheduling to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Promote and implement procedural best practices to execute the annual Capex and Opex plans, and ensure they are compliant with National Grid policies and regulatory mandates and/or laws.
- Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others to share knowledge and develop technical understanding within discipline.
- Report and monitor monthly resource levels and workplan forecasting to Resource Planning.
- Play a key role in preparing and assisting the gas organization transition into new systems while ensuring delivery of all mandates.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience. Typically, the role requires a minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Maximo, SAP, CRIS, Excel.
- Knowledge of natural gas system operations.
- Knowledge of National Grid's policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
- Experience of managing project teams and projects independently.
- Sees multiple relationships, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation. For example, when analyzing resource requirements at an individual and portfolio level.
- Realizes patterns or trends in data or situations, notices when something is similar to a past situation, for example when a resourcing issue has occurred before.
- Uses direct persuasion to influence others to accept planning proposals, e.g. when promoting procedural best practice, using basic data, logic or a solid business case.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly and communicates customer expectations to monitor delivery and satisfaction.
- Builds and maintains strong relationship with stakeholders.
$92,000 - $108,000 a year
Salary commensurate with location and experience
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Boston