Manager, Lab and Testing
Manager, Lab and Testing
Melville, NY, US, 11747
National Grid is hiring a Manager, Lab and Testing in Melville, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Manage team to provide technical expertise and support from engineering perspective to ensure safe and effective operation, maintenance, and enhancement of National Grid’s gas distribution network in accordance with the corporate strategic plan.
- Manage a team of high performing individuals and directly responsible for day-to-day activities of gas material testing laboratory in Melville, NY and gas quality laboratory in Greenpoint, NY. (Direct)
- Perform material failures and gas quality testing in lab and in-situ in compliance with state regulations (Direct)
- Investigate material failures, find causes and report (Direct)
- Test and evaluate all new materials for performance and integrity (Direct).
- Gas Quality sampling and analysis at lab and in-situ for natural gas and low carbon energy as required by regulators. (Direct)
- Work closely with gas compliance, gas materials, innovation, future of heat and field operations to ensure quality material and gas quality compliance (Direct)
- Translate infrastructure requirements into clearly defined business cases, budgets, and an assessment of the impact on rate case development and risks to facilitate the planning process and develop strategies to mitigate risk. (Indirect)
- Lead, motivate and develop a professional team, prioritize work, promote safe working practices, and allocate resources to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and customer / business objectives. (Direct)
- 7 years engineering or Operations or equivalent work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is preferred. Advance degree is desirable.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License preferred.
- Gas Asset Management and Engineering, Gas Material Quality, Gas Field Operations, Legal.
Salary - $131,000 - $154,000
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty