Warwick, GB, CV34 6DA
National Grid touches the lives of almost everyone, with an energy network that stretches across the Atlantic. We’re an international team, and our work underpins the lives of millions of people. Feet forwards, head up, and eyes bright, we’re working hard to create value for people today – and shape the future of energy tomorrow.
In the UK, we don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.
Support National Grid Electricity Transmission transition to net zero by simplifying, aligning, and streamlining what and how things are done resulting in improved ways of working. Identify opportunities for business performance improvement and options to close organisational capability gaps while building and enhancing the ET business architecture.
Work with leaders at all levels to design the future blueprint of the organisation, providing enterprise level insights for better investment decision-making.
Lead and drive initiatives using a structured approach to re-imagine solutions to complex business problems ensuring ET delivers effectively and efficiently today and against our future needs (net zero, clean electrification, etc.)
Work in matrix teams to ensure business information and terms are documented in a maintained current and future state architecture creating a common understanding of the ET business, resulting in reducing repeat analysis and duplication of work at the project level.
Working as a key contributor in a high performing team that strives to enhance strategic planning and contribute to cost reduction across the ET organisation.
• To lead & support defining and documenting ET business architecture (i.e., capabilities, processes & systems at the enterprise level)
• Builds strong relationships with ET colleagues, living the National Grid values: Do the right thing, Find a better way; and make it happen.
• Support teams in identifying capability gaps and provide solution options by researching industry best practice and trends
• Ensure effective escalation of capability gaps across ET
• Embed enterprise alignment in the culture of ET
• Identify and understand all customer needs and target improvement actions with the largest cost benefit
• Share best practice, knowledge and lessons learnt with the wider Transformation team
• Contribute to defining and establishing relevant frameworks & standards (i.e., Process, continuous improvement)
• Attend and contribute to relevant Community of Practice (CoP)
• Manage external consultancies to deliver larger improvements
• Provides guidance and expertise to ET teams ensuring work is delivered is to a high standard.
Technical / Specialist Skills and Experience
• Agile working
• Business analysis, complex problem solving and systems thinking
• Lead business and process improvement
• Business modelling
• Design, prepare and facilitate workshops
• Excellent communication, and presentation skills
• Experience with the following methods and tools: TOGAF, Visio, Blueworks, Powerpoint, Excel, change management, project management, PowerBI, six sigma
• Requirements management
• Stakeholder relationship management – building good relationships and ability to influence
• Mentor, train, and lead others
• Position papers - influence at all levels across the business, ensure problem is understood, recommend the correct course of action
• Strong ability to work independently and prioritise workload
• Knowledge of the utilities industry and/or construction desirable
• Passion for learning and self-development
• Relevant Degree
• Business Architecture Foundations course
• Lean or six-sigma black belt level or corresponding level of experience
• Project Management Accreditation (or working towards) e.g. PRINCE2 / APM
• TOGAF or equivalent Business Architecture qualification
What's on offer
A competitive salary between £45,000 – £70,000 – dependent on capability
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus based on personal and company performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
At National Grid, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.