Tax Analyst, Plant Accounting & Operations
Tax Analyst, Plant Accounting & Operations
Brooklyn, NY, US, 11217
National Grid is hiring a Tax Analyst - Plant Accounting & Operations, for our CFO function in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Reporting to the Manager of US Tax Plant Accounting and Operations, this role is primarily responsible for the net tax basis of fixed assets, tax depreciation and all other income tax matters related to property, plant and equipment. The role also supports the overall income tax function. This includes the complete income tax cycle with primary focus on tax accounting, tax financial reporting, tax compliance, and tax audit and controversy resolution work. The role will also interact with the tax forecasting and regulatory group on a regular and as needed basis.
• Support delivery of income tax operations (primarily plant related items) including:
o Tax depreciation, basis differences between book and tax, assets placed in service and
o Maintaining tax fixed asset system (PowerTax)
o Managing the federal, state and unitary tax books for depreciation.
o Calculate the tax impact on sale of assets to support the amount of gain/loss to be reported
o Provide the quarterly tax provision calculations for all plant related items in accordance with
US GAAP and IFRS.
o Income tax account reconciliations, including tax basis balance sheets and account roll
o Maintaining uncertain tax positions calculations and associated analysis.
o Income tax deliverables for the semi-annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
o Income tax deliverables for the quarterly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP,
including consolidated financial statements.
o Income tax deliverables for the quarterly financial statements in accordance with FERC & PSC
o Liaison with independent auditors and general plant accounting teams
o Annual income tax returns
o Income tax compliance software (CorpTax)
o Audit defence, controversy resolution and settlements.
o Day-to-day interaction with Controllership regarding accounting activities
• As a member of the broader Income Tax Team, assist tax operations, tax forecasting, analysis
regulatory work, tax research and planning as needed.
• Diverse experience (3 years plus) in tax field with a concentration in income tax accounting, reporting and compliance.
• Basic knowledge of income tax accounting and reporting principles in ASC740, IAS 12 and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) income tax reporting standards (a plus).
• Basic knowledge of federal and state filing requirements, including filing dates, necessary forms, disclosures and elections. Experience in income tax compliance software (CorpTax).
• Experience within regulated utility industry, a plus
• Experience with standardizing and optimizing processes, bringing consistency and excellence in the delivery of tax service.
• Participation in complex technical discussion and analysis.
• Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity.
• Strong interpersonal skills and focus on team building.
• Ability to build and foster relationships with key stakeholders and work on collaborative teams.
• Managing multiple priorities.
• Self-starter with confidence to take ownership to deliver positive results.
• Ability to exercise independent judgement and initiative, and to work under tight deadlines to drive results.
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organisation including the ability to work across/with various business units and functions.
$80k - $100k a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City