Senior Analyst Reporting & Analytics
Senior Analyst Reporting & Analytics
Brooklyn, NY, US, 11217
National Grid is hiring a Senior Analyst, Reporting and Analytics for our Controllership in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Finance Operations, Senior Analyst, Reporting & Analytics takes part in the preparation of US GAAP and Regulatory filings, including FERC and State reporting. Provides lead support in preparing financial statements and financial statement analytics. Supports the monthly financial close process. Partners within Finance Operations and Finance to collect and review financial information and ensure accurate reporting.
Reports to the Manager, Reporting & Analytics and is responsible for preparing financial reports and analysis to support financial accounting and reporting requirements.
- Utilizes U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations on accounting pronouncements and implements accurate and effective disclosures.
- Verifies, reconciles and updates accounts by reviewing discrepancies to produce accurate and credible data.
- Partners closely with jurisdiction business partners to understand business financial performance, develop expectations and explain variance drivers.
- Partners closely with Regulation and Pricing to understand the rate plan impact on financial performance.
- Analyses and explains income statement and balance sheet variances and trends against expected and historical data.
- Monitors and reports income statement, balance sheet and cash flow variances against budget and historical data to identify anomalies or discrepancies and ensure information is accurate and complete.
- Prepares records and processes accounting transactions and ensures allocation to appropriate accounts for accurate and complete data.
- Supports month-end accounting close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete recording of financial transactions.
- Compiles and reviews financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Maintains financial records for compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting financial filings and reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years in Financial Reporting and or Accounting with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated critical self-review of work product
- Knowledge of general ledger platforms and accounting system experience
- Knowledge of gas and electric accounting or related specialized accounting discipline
- Background in utility service or similar industry accounting
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with auditors
- Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up
$98k - $115k a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City