Lead Process Manager, Process and Performance Improvement
Lead Process Manager, Process and Performance Improvement
Waltham, MA, US, 02451
National Grid is looking for a Digital Business Strategist
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people
need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in
society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and
pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look
for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
IT and Digital works in a harmonized partnership with the National Grid group of diverse energy businesses to
deliver technology which revolutionizes the way we operate. As we lead the charge towards a carbon-free future,
our teams are embracing disruptive changes in our industry by working with Agile methodologies and adopting
Digital mindsets to drive efficiency and bring new capabilities for our internal and external customers.
Our work here is critical. National Grid moves energy to millions of homes and businesses in the UK and US and
the technology we utilize to complete that task is down to us. The successful applicant for this position will be an
integral contributor towards this goal and we will support your professional development as part of our multi-
cultural, customer-centric global team.
The Digital Business Strategist is responsible for supporting the business and operations work stream within a multi-
disciplinary digital product team structure. They partner closely with the Digital Business Lead to execute several
activities, such as identifying risky assumptions, building the value case, defining the future-state process vision,
executing change management plans, etc. Larger products will need multiple Digital Business Strategists with
complementary strengths / capabilities.
- Support business/operation work stream team, participating in Agile sprints during full product roadmap
- Works with the Digital Business Lead to drive sprint planning by helping define activities needed for current sprint to meet objectives (e.g., user interviews, experiments, pilots, etc.)
- Construct business case, including value projections and detailed investment estimate; ensure these area aligned with product definition
- Proactively identify riskiest assumptions and support product team in designing and executing experiments to increase confidence in business case assumptions
- Define future-state operations solution (process, org change), including detailed current state-process and future-state process documentation
- Accountable for change mgmt. and product roll-out plan, with help from the change mgmt. team as needed o Implement marketing, sales, business development, user acquisition, and user support strategies
- Provide support to product & technical workstreams (e.g., RFP support, stakeholder mgmt., value alignment, IT governance, IT PMO)
- Support preparation of materials for key stakeholder readouts (e.g., Digital Board meetings)
- Ability to assess and document current state operations, identify customer/user pain points, and help translate business needs into product requirements
- ·Ability to design future-state processes and operations that address user frictions, including articulating any changes needed to reach the future-state process
- Ability to design and run experiments to test and refine business assumptions
- Ability to build and refine a product business case, including benefits (financial, non-financial, strategic) and costs
- Knowledge of digital product implementation fundamentals, digital ways of working, and Agile methodologies
- Ability to execute change management and product roll-out plan, including marketing, communications plan, user acquisition strategy, etc.
- For certain products: Ability to perform data analytics (includes designing and building data dashboards and communicate meaningful insights from data
- Ability to create and present materials to senior stakeholders from different orgs
- Knowledge of how financial and regulatory environment within National Grid
- Knowledge of National Grid’s end-to-end workflows / processes.
- Knowledge of National Grid’s org structure, including how different departments work together
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to craft and deliver presentations to management level.
Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or engineering
- Financial modeling and value case development experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant business experience and working on digital product teams
- Experience designing and refining value case (e.g., financial value to the business, strategic value, etc.)
- Experience in defining, testing, and refining product assumptions
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications, or similar experience/knowledge of standard process tools and techniques
- At least 2 years working with (or within) utility
$116,000- $137,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston