Senior Infrastructure Strategy Analyst
Senior Infrastructure Strategy Analyst
About the Role
Senior Infrastructure Strategy Analyst - UK wide (hybrid working) - travel to Warwick and London required
We are expanding out team to shape our strategic infrastructure delivery to enable the UK to achieve Net Zero.
As our Senior Infrastructure Strategy Analyst, you will help shape our plan to build a transmission network for Net Zero. In particular:
- Leading the development for major projects framework required for planning and delivering our Strategic Infrastructure (SI) projects and portfolio in support of Net Zero and the wider benefit it brings to the country and communities.
- Identifying and working on key issues pertinent to the delivery of our infrastructure portfolio (such as network design, project development, planning & consenting and commercial frameworks) and developing new approaches and solutions.
- Maintaining an overview of relevant external developments and interfaces with key stakeholders and the questions and topics that are relevant to them regarding our infrastructure projects.
- Working with teams from within and outside of the business to lead on developing our position and key messages on these topics to ensure our messaging is clear and consistent and has been subject to the necessary technical scrutiny.
- Developing and agreeing a clear and impactful narrative on our proposed approaches and solutions for our internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll be getting up to
- You’ll identify the pertinent strategic questions for the SI project portfolio, breaking the problem into its building blocks and developing answers which support the delivery of the portfolio.
- You’ll conduct structured and insightful strategic analysis to develop and improve our internal process for major project delivery. You will ensure your work is supported by robust sources, including primary research and discussions with the wider business to collect input and evidence.
- You’ll provide key insights into our projects, why and how we deliver them, their commercial and social business case and the wider benefits our projects bring to the UK and our Net Zero goals.
- You’ll identify and develop a clear, consistent and impactful narrative around the key issues and our recommended solutions.
- You’ll lead the preparation of presentations, reports and other material, drafting input and coordinating inputs from across SI and the wider business
- You’ll lead on maintaining an overview of key interfaces with relevant internal and external stakeholders and identify the topics and questions that are pertinent to them in order to develop appropriate answers and messaging.
- You’ll generate well-articulated insights and lead the creation of high quality communications in paper or slide form to inform key external and Board and Executive level internal stakeholders.
- You’ll supervise junior members of the team and harness opportunities to develop and apply leadership skills.
- You are proactive, able to think strategically and have experience in strategically framing questions and findings answers, preferably the context of planning and delivering energy infrastructure.
- You have an inquisitive mind and strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to generating well-articulated insights.
- You have experience in managing and completing strategy-type projects with multiple senior level stakeholders within tight timescales.
- Drawing on your strong stakeholder management skills, you are able to build and maintain relationships across all levels internally and with key external stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and presentational skills enable you to translate research and analysis into meaningful insights and recommendations to inform senior external and Board and Executive level internal stakeholders.
- You are proficient at Microsoft PowerPoint to clearly communicate insights, and Microsoft Word to write reports for key stakeholders
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary of £50,000 - £63,000 - dependent on experience
- An annual bonus based on personal and company performance
- 26 days annual leave plus eight statutory days
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday days
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a
- maximum company contribution of 12% (overall 18%).
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course
- fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role.
- Access to flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and
- technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to
- name a few.
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days).
- Access to apps that support health, fitness and wellbeing.
Advert Close Date
This advert closes on 26th February at 11:59PM
Interviews will take place week commencing 11th March
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.