Cardiff, GB, CF3 2PX GB Swansea, GB, SA5 7LU
About the role
We are recruiting for SHE Advisors to join our Customer Connections Team based in South Wales.
We own the electricity transmission network in England and Wales. Every time you plug in your phone or flick a light switch, we’ve played a part. Not only are we responsible for delivering energy to millions of homes and businesses, we are also driving the move to cleaner energy, and the Government’s target of net zero emissions by 2050.
We have a fantastic opportunity for SHE advisors to join our Customer Connections team in our Electricity Transmission business, where you will be National Grid’s representative on various construction-based projects.
Essentially, you’ll ensure all site-based construction activities delivered by our principal contractors are safely managed in accordance with Legal Safety requirements and National Grid policies and procedures.
This is predominantly a site-based role working alongside established SHE professionals and site based Project Supervisors. Increasing live projects to meet Net Zero targets means the role will be challenging & busy.
Assigning local projects and minimising travel is always a priority for us to find a better work/life balance, but travel across the region to our live construction projects will be required - We’ll provide you with a company vehicle, paid travel, and an excellent culture.
What you'll need
- Diploma in H&S practice and or Environmental management UK recognised
- A proven track record in electricity (or comparable) construction industry
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of CDM regulations
- An awareness of Project, Contract and Stakeholder management and client representative experience
- Full driving licence is essential
What you'll get
- Salary between £50,000 to £55,000 dependent on experience
- Company Vehicle + Paid Travel
- Excellent work/life balance and company culture
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 statutory days
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. Overall 18%
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – relevant to your role
- Access to flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days)
- Access to apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing
National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET) is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools and brings energy to life. Our energy network connects the nation, so it’s essential that it’s continually evolving, advancing, and improving.
In NGET we are passionate about both operating our network safely and providing highly reliable quality of supply for our customers. At the heart of achieving these outcomes is the effective control and operation of our network.
To find out more about us, please follow the link below:
The closing date for this vacancy is 27th February 2024