West Roxbury, MA, US, 02132
$49.98 an hour
Job Title: Electrician
Location: West Roxbury
- Install, Maintain and Operate electrical and mechanical building equipment such as conduit, wiring, motors and controls, electric trucks and hoist, pumps, fans lighting fixtures, and knowledge of computer based HVAC control systems.
- Maintains and Repairs water supply systems, building maintenance equipment and performs other maintenance and utility duties as assigned
- Operates facilities computer based work order management system (Vision FM )
- Work directly with the facilities supervisor in the day to day operations and maintenance of buildings
- Must successfully pass the Field Assessment Test and must posse the following license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Journeyman Electricians license (minimum).
- Perform maintenance and repairs on facilities; HVAC, Heating, Wastewater, Security and Emergency systems, perform facilities work such as snow removal and sanding, janitorial work, painting, various inspections, and associated other duties as assigned by the supervisor and or as generated by the facilities work order management system (Vision FM)
- Knowledge and experience with pneumatic and electric controls used on HVAC systems including computer based control systems
- Must be able to understand and interpret drawings and schematics and be able to plan, organize and direct the installation, service and maintenance of all building related equipment
- Must have computer experience and the ability to operate computer operated building controls, systems and computer based work order management systems.
- Be Physically able-bodied and willing to work in, if necessary, under adverse conditions
- Have reasonable physical dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Must have and retain Massachusetts Motor Vehicle operators License which does not restrict driving as to type of transmission or hours of operation
- Must have the ability to lift over 50 lbs regularly and over 50 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to perform duties in a crawling, kneeling and cramped position
- Must be able to climb and work in high places and in loud environments.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Posses sound interpersonal, oral and written communications skills; must have the ability to converse intelligently in a pleasant, understandable and helpful manner with department staff, internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to acquire a sufficient knowledge of Company policies and practices to prepare and maintain various forms, records and reports required in the department
- Employee may be required to work extended hours during heavy activity periods and emergency situations, during storms
- Must provide and maintain a suitable means for off hours contact.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Nearest Major Market: Boston